The APLS Recertification Course is:
- Much less costly than a full APLS course.
- Less time consuming than a full APLS Course, as it only takes 1 day of face-to-face training time to complete (rather than 2 days for the full APLS course).
However, applicants should bear in mind that:
- If they do not successfully complete the recertification course, they will need to do the full APLS course to obtain an APLS Provider Certificate.
- They cannot be selected as potential instructors(IP) on a recertification course. They will need to do a full APLS course if they would like to be considered for instructorship.
All candidates must have completed an APLS course before and be no more than 6 months out of date*. Please note: The recertification course is testing the retention of the APLS content and is not a teaching course for those whose knowledge and skills have lapsed.
All candidates MUST have completed the APLS pre-course on-line preparation component (VLE) and achieved 4 correct answers in each assessment BEFORE the recertification course. Any candidates who have not completed the VLE component will not be allowed to obtain a completion certificate even if they subsequently complete the VLE component at a later date; they will only ever be eligible to receive an observer certificate, there will be no exceptions to this ruling.
*Recertification amnesty: ALSG has issued a ‘recertification amnesty’ for lapsed providers who fulfil certain criteria. To be eligible for the amnesty, potential candidates must be practicing APLS regularly and currently working in the following roles:
- On-call general paediatrics
- Paediatric intensive care
- Paediatric anaesthesia
- General or paediatric emergency department
Please note: Based on the eligibility criteria listed above, if you are not eligible to apply for this course and yet you still do so, you may lose your non-refundable booking deposit.
Types of Bookings
There are two types of bookings available for course delegates:
- Fixed Bookings: these are non-refundable and non-transferable but are priced at a discounted rate.
- Flexible Bookings: these are potentially refundable and transferable and are priced at the standard rate.
Click here for more information.